What Is A Vaginal Wall Repair?
Due to obesity, vaginal childbirth or menopause, muscles supporting the vagina and womb may grow overstretched or weakened. As a result, the vagina may prolapse (fall from its original position) or the bladder and bowel can bulge into the vagina. The effect can be felt in the front (anterior) wall of the vagina or the back (posterior) wall. Depending on the location of the damage, a vaginal wall repair surgery may be required.
- Anterior Repair – This procedure tightens the front wall of the vagina when the bladder prolapses and bulges in the front of the vagina. A gynaecological surgeon will push back the bladder to its original position while tightening its front and supporting the vagina.
- Posterior Repair – This surgery will tighten the back wall of the vagina when the rectum prolapses and bulges into the back of the vagina. To prevent bowel dysfunction and sagging of the back of the vagina, the surgeon will push the rectum to its normal position and tighten the tissue between it and the back of the vagina.
Symptoms You Should Be Concerned About
The following symptoms indicate that you may need to have some specialist advice, such as that provided by Mr Broome.
- Feeling rectal or bladder pressure or fullness
- The need to press on a bulge in your vagina to push stool
- Pressure in the vagina
- Feeling or seeing a bulge at the opening of the vagina
- Pain during intercourse
- Stress incontinence, i.e. leaking urine while coughing, sneezing, laughing or heavy lifting
- Recurrent bladder infections
Mr Broome is experienced with all manner of prolapse and he can advice the most suitable course of treatment or surgery for you. Please email or ring us for further information.
Please email for advice, information and to make an appointment.
We will try and respond within a day.
Ring us: 01257 475917
To Mr Broome,
Thank you very much for successfully repairing my second prolapse. I am extremely grateful and appreciative of all you have done, and really can never thank you enough. Your skill and manner are both outstanding.
Click here to add your own text